Application and Registration Process
It is a THREE (3) Step Process:
To attend the conference, students must:
- Apply- DEADLINE OCTOBER 7th, 2020
- Be accepted by the individual conference sites
Sept 3rd, 2019: APS website open for applications
Oct 7th, 2019: Application deadline
Oct 28th, 2019: Applicants informed of acceptance
Nov 14th, 2019: Deadline for accepted students to confirm attendance by registering
Registration occurs after the application process. Please check back later for more details.
Support for CUWiP Attendance
- All meals and accommodation are provided during the conference.
- There is no cost to apply to CUWIP.
- Students accepted to attend CUWiP must pay a one-time registration fee of $45, to help offset some of the costs of the conference. You can request a fee waiver after you apply, but before you register, by submitting a brief statement to APS. Detailed instructions will be included with registration information.
- Fee waivers and travel support is available, on an as needed basis. Please email us at umdCuwip2020@umd.edu for further information/questions.
- Obtaining travel support is conditional and requires pre-approval for all expenses.
- Students are expected to first ask their home institutions and departments for travel funding. If the department is unable, limited travel funding can be provided by the conference.