Hotel lodging while at the conference will be arranged and provided for all registered conference attendees. Conference attendees are asked to organize their own travel to and from the host site. Typically, travel to and from the conference is provided by the attendee's home institution. Once accepted to CUWiP, please request travel funding from your department or university, through either a faculty member or an adviser (they are happy to help!). If an attendee's home institution is unable to provide travel support, limited reimbursement for travel can be provided for by the conference with prior approval. Please email us at umdCuwip2020@umd.edu
Conference Hotel:Cambria Hotel College Park
- If students are being reimbursed for travel by the conference, pre-approval is required for all expenses. Attendees need to keep all original receipts for reimbursement after the conference ($45 application fee is not reimbursed).
- To go from the hotel to the conference site, shuttles will be provided. Also the distance on Saturday and Sunday will be walkable, but shuttles will be available for those with disabilities.
- Students will be assigned, but can request roommates during the registration process. All students will have their own bed with 2 to a room.
- Meals and accommodation costs are arranged during the conference.
- Special dietary restrictions will be noted during the registration process and accommodated for. If you have an urgent dietary restriction that you would like to discuss, feel free to email us at umdCuwip2020@umd.edu.
8321 Baltimore Ave, College Park, MD 20740•(301) 595-2600102UMD Conference Site:Edward St. John Learning Center
4131 Campus Drive, College Park Maryland 20742NIST Friday January 17th Conference Site:Visitors Center
100 Bureau Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20899PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AND DRIVING DIRECTIONS
For more information on public transportation options, visit the WMATA
website. Driving directions and additional information are available on the University of Maryland Visitors page
. We encourage students to coordinate with other students who may be driving from the same home institutions to help minimize travel costs and reduce environmental impact. If you have travel concerns, please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.AIR TRAVEL
There are three major airports that serve the greater DC metro area:Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport - DCA
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport - BWI
- Using Public Transportation: Reagan National Metro (Yellow Line) to College Park Metro (Green Line) switch from Yellow Line to Green Line at L'Enfant PlazaSuper Shuttle Costs: $28.00 one-way
- Taxi: 15 miles / 25 kilometers. Approximately $30
Washington Dulles International Airport - IAD
- Using Public Transportation: B30 Metrobus to Greenbelt Metro ($6) then Greenbelt Metro to College Park Metro stop (only one stop)
- Super Shuttle Costs: $32.00 one-way
- Taxi: 25 miles / 40 kilometers. Approximately $60
- Using Public Transportation: 5A Metrobus to L'Enfant Metro, then L'Enfant Metro to College Park Metro (Green line)
- Super Shuttle Costs: $39.00 one-way
- Taxi: 58 miles / 67 kilometers. Washington Flyer Taxi approximately $80